Toxic-Free Homemade Fabric Softener! It doesn't get any easier then this one!!

I am pretty sure most of you know that you can use white vinegar as a Fabric Softener. Vinegar is a natural toxic-free homemade fabric softener for our clothes. 

It also persevere the color, fights stains and odor {like the musty smell that towels can get} and helps to remove residue soap from clothing. Your dry clothes will not smell like vinegar. This is so easy.....
Toxic-Free Homemade Fabric Softener, White Vinegar
Regular Fabric Softener and Dryer Sheets are expensive and contain harmful ingredients. 

Some of the most harmful ingredients in both include, benzyl acetate (linked to pancreatic cancer), benzyl alcohol (an upper respiratory tract irritant), ethanol (linked to central nervous system disorders), limonene (a known carcinogen) and chloroform (a neurotoxin and carcinogen). 

These ingredients are harmful to us and to our environment.

WOW!! and think how many years we have used these harmful chemicals!!

I saved an old laundry bottle and filled that with the white vinegar. I added a few drops of 100% pure Lavender Essential Oil.{or another essential oil that you like}to the vinegar. I love the smell of Lavender!!

I use 1/2 cup of white vinegar {one lid full} in the fabric softener dispenser area in my washing machine. {or place in washer during the rinse cycle if you do not have a softener dispenser} 

I have been using vinegar and woolzies dryer balls {100% wool, non-toxic}in the dryer, for over a year now, and I am very happy with the results....and even more happy knowing that I am not using all those toxic chemicals!!

No comments:

Post a Comment