Toxic-Free Homemade Dishwasher Detergent! Only Three ingredients!!

I have been talking for a while now, about making our own dishwasher detergent. Well we finally made it....and it is SO EASY!! You will begin to wonder what ever made us start buying the chemical laced pre-made products from the store in the first place! 

I know it supposedly was for convenience, but seriously this recipe took all of 5 minutes or less to make!!

The Three Ingredients are:
1-Citric Acid {I ordered mine from Amazon ~$15 for a 5 pound bag and hardly used any of it}
2-Washing Soda {NOT Baking Soda}
3-Course Sea Salt {without Iodine}


Use:
2-Cups Washing Soda
1/2 Cup Citric Acid
1/2 Cup Course Salt

Mix together thoroughly and store in an air tight container.
Use Only 1 teaspoon per load, in the regular compartment, no need to use extra in the other area!!

Also, use pure white vinegar in the rinse compartment of your dishwasher, it works together to make your dishes come out very nice and clean! I don't think my glasses have ever been this sparkly!! 


Now, we have Homemade Dishwasher Detergent,  Laundry Soap, Fabric Softener, All Purpose Cleaning spray, and  Homemade Deodorant. What should we tackle next?

7 comments:

  1. Was it the vinegar that made them so shiny clean or the detergent?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Risa, It is both...the ingredients work together to give you clean shiny dishes!

      Delete
  2. YOU ARE AWESOME THIS IS GREAT THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this idea anything to save me money have a great day and thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm gonna try this! Post a before and after pic of your glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this and I imagine that you can save a ton of money. I have been extreme couponing on detergent however when I get low most definitely trying this because this is safer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love using vinegar as a rinse aid... it helps to add a couple drops of food coloring so you can see if it's full or empty too :)

    ReplyDelete