Organic Produce | Eating fermented foods!

It is Wednesday, so I am waiting here for my delicious Organic produce to arrive! We belong to a buying club {like a co-op} where we can obtain high quality Organic produce, milk, butter, sour cream, meat, eggs, dried fruit, nuts, sauerkraut and more! Since we buy a share, the prices are much better then going to the Farmer's Market, Organic Grocery or just buying Organic at your local grocery store.

I love being able to try new items. We just recently begun to eat grass-fed beef {boy is it great},


and Organic plain yogurt {I add a little organic raw honey and pure almond extract to mine..yummy!}.


Today, we will be getting sauerkraut! My hubby and I like sauerkraut, but we have never had organic....so, we will have to see if it tastes the same.


Fermented foods, like the sauerkraut, kefir, miso, kombucha, tempeh,are really good for our digestive health. Fermentation preserves nutrients in food and break the food down to a more digestible form. This, along with the probiotics created during the fermentation process, could explain the link between consuming fermented foods and improved digestion.

1 comment:

  1. I love organic yogurt with a bit of honey! Yum.

    You'll have to fill me in on the sauerkraut. =0)

    ReplyDelete