Affordable Safe Soaps

safe, non toxic, soap, castile, ewg, kirks, affordable


I have been on a journey to make our home safe and toxic free. However, the price of most products has made it very difficult. I have been searching for affordable but safe options.

Most bar soaps are full of toxic chemicals and fragrances linked to: Developmental/reproductive toxicity, Allergies/immunotoxicity, Irritation and/or Organ system toxicity.

The price for a bar of handcrafted soap can be from $5-8 each. I splurged on a few bars, but just couldn't continue to buy them.


I searched the EWG's {environmental working group} website and/or mobile app for soap that was toxic free and affordable.
EWG is a database that rates all ingredients in cosmetic/personal care products

Here are two great affordable soaps that are made in the USA and great for the whole family!

Kirk's Castle Soap Fragrance Free   This is a Coconut Oil Soap with the following ingredients: Sodium Cocoate,Water, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Gluconate  

I find this at my local grocery store for $3.59 for a 3 pk!
Kirk's fragrance soap rates a 1 on the EWG scale!
Do not buy the scented (original) as the fragrance rates an 8!!



safe, non toxic, soap, castile, ewg, kiss my face, affordable


Kiss My Face Olive Oil fragrance free  This is an Olive Oil Soap with only three ingredients: Sodium Olivate (Saponified Olive Oil), Water, Sodium Chloride (Sea Salt).

This is also available at my local grocery store $4.29 for a 3 pk!
Kiss my Face Pure Olive Oil Soap rates a 1 on EWG scale!

Important note: fragrance/parfum is one of the worst offenders.

I am sure there are more, please let me know if you have found a safe affordable soap for the whole family!


2 comments:

  1. This looks really great! I'll have to order some of this stuff- I'm running out of my favorite homemade soap and I'm ready to try something new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know my husband likes Kirk's. I don't think he's ever tried the olive soap. I'll have to let him know. :)

    ReplyDelete