Homemade Organic White Bread!!

Organic bread, five ingredients, fresh baked, bread machine

This is a very basic, very easy, organic bread recipe. My family loves bread, and we have a very difficult time finding organic bread that actually tastes good. My kids didn't care for the wheat bread that I posted about before, but they LOVE this bread! It tastes just like that old fashioned homemade bread that you love to eat hot out of the oven! AND.....it only has five ingredients!!

Organic Flour, Organic Sugar, Organic Olive Oil, Redmond Real Salt, yeast, and water.

I place all the ingredients in a bread machine and and let in run through just the dough mixing cycle. Or you can mix yourself in a bowl, making sure to knead well.
In this order, first:
1 1/2 Cups Water
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
4 Cups White Flour
1 Tablespoon Sugar
2 Teaspoons Salt
2 1/4 Teaspoons Yeast

After the dough has mixed and went through its first rise in the bread machine, or mix in a bowl kneading well; let it rise to top of bowl, {either way it will take about an hour} split the dough and transfer to two glass loaf pans.  I use Anchor Hocking glass loaf pans. Butter or oil the pans, I use Kerrygold butter . Cover with a towel and allow to rise around 45 mins, or until reaches the top of the loaf pan.
Organic bread, five ingredients, fresh baked, bread machine
Organic bread, five ingredients, fresh baked, bread machine


Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
Remove from pans and allow to cool on baking rack. I wrap in unbleached parchment paper and place in a gallon size zip bag. I freeze one, but the one that is left out for us to eat, I always leave the zip bag slightly unzipped to keep moisture out.

Organic bread, five ingredients, fresh baked, bread machine

Slice and Enjoy!!

3 comments:

  1. I love to bake, and I often do different types of bread. It never crossed my mind to try making a simple one though :-) thanks for reminding me that things don't always have to be complicated and fancy and that simplicity is looking awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homemade bread is the best! My mother used to bake bread every Monday morning. Loved how it made the house smell.

    Mary
    Battle of the Bands: Plant vs Plant

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm! I haven't made bread in so long. This may motivate me.

    ReplyDelete